Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Introduction

So, this is my first actual personal blog post.  I wanted to finally introduce myself.  I have wanted to since I first signed up, but being the incredibly shy person that I am, I have put it off.  So, hello.  =)  My name is Sara and I am 33 years old.  I have been on a journey to get my life back since 2007.   At that point, I was at my highest “known” weight of 278 pounds.  Throughout the next 2.5 years, I worked hard to get to 185 pounds.   I then stalled like crazy.  We are talking a year of being ”stuck” at 185. I still counted calories, still worked out 4-5 times a week.  I went through a period of being sick of saying no to foods I enjoyed, but knew were bad for me, when the scale refused to go down.  So I started saying yes to these foods again, which, I now know was a HUGE mistake, as I have gained back 30 pounds over the course of the last two years.  I am still working out, but know I need to get calorie counting and my food choices BACK under control.  My hope is that by starting this blog, and reading about others stuggles and triumphs it will help me know that I am not alone, AND more importantly, that I can conquer this addiction, and finally….get my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment